- STEM designated program
The Master of Architecture Program is a first-professional graduate degree designed to prepare students for architectural practice and licensure through the development of critical and creative thinking, technological skills and experience, sustainability focused design knowledge of project management.
Through an innovative approach to interdisciplinary collaboration, students within the MArch program have the opportunity to take four general elective courses in a wide range of fields, gaining the experience and expertise needed to have high-impact careers. With this flexibility, each student has a highly customized course of study throughout the degree program.
Balancing current sustainable design practices along with architectural history and theory, the program culminates with an individually defined and executed final Master’s project. Students may choose one of three unique pathways for their final project: the capstone, the co-op or the thesis.
The curriculum can be completed in two to three academic years, depending on academic standing. Advanced standing is determined by the program director and is based on previous education and experience.
- Address social and cultural issues through informed design solutions that prioritize equity, sustainability and resilience.
- Research, analyze, and compare design propositions in a global environment
- Collaborate and connect with disciplines beyond the expertise of architecture
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate history and theory, sustainable practices, and technology throughout design projects.
- Demonstrate familiarity of diverse needs, values, traditions, abilities, and spatial patterns of different cultures and individuals
- Integrate professional practice with issues of public health, safety, and welfare
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structural, environmental, and other building systems that support a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Demonstrate familiarity with current research and best practices.
Curriculum: 2-3 year, 90 credits or fewer depending on advanced standing
|ARCH 611||Design I||4|
|ARCH 602||Visualization 1||3|
|ARCH 632||Built Env in Age ofExploration||3|
|ARCH 641||Tech I: Materials & Methods||3|
|ARCH 612||Design 2||4|
|ARCH 651||Structures 1||3|
|ARCH 622||Visualization 2||3|
|SDN 601||Princ & Methods of Sust Design||3|
|ARCH 613||Design 3||4|
|ARCH 633||History 2||3|
|ARCH 652||Structures 2||3|
|ARCH 643||Tech 3: Dynamic Environ Sys||3|
|ARCH 614||Design 4||6|
|ARCH 624||Visualization 3: Advanced Mod||3|
|ARCH 634||History 3||3|
|ARCH 644||Tech 4: Adv Bldg Analysis||3|
|ARCH 615||Design 5 for Architecture||6|
|ARCH 630||Architectural Research Methds||3|
|ARCH 645||Tech 5: Documentation/Detail||3|
|ARCH 616||Design 6||6|
|ARCH 661||Professional Management||3|