Applied Health Economics & Outcomes Research (AHEOR)
- is an academic discipline that establishes the efficacy of a product, service, or treatment
- compares its effectiveness to other interventions
- considers its incremental cost efficiency to determine optimal clinical application and overall economic value.
The Graduate Certificate focuses on the foundations of AHEOR. This option contains five online courses and can be completed in one year.
The AHEOR program prepares graduates to be successful in the ever-changing healthcare environment driven by data and analytics by preparing them to:
- Compare historical trends to current issues in U.S. healthcare organization, delivery and financing.
- Explore the impact of government policies on health insurance products.
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of research design and statistical methods in evaluating product or service efficacy.
- Discuss the key concepts and applications of quantitative modeling in economic evaluations in health care.