Health Data Science (previously known as Population Health Intelligence) is an ever-evolving multi-disciplinary field that involves using statistical inference, algorithmic development, and technology to make insights about data.
To uncover actionable insights, skilled healthcare data scientists are needed to:
- Combine large disparate data sources
- Build statistical and predictive models
- Create effective data visualizations
- Communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
The Graduate Certificate focuses on the foundations of HDS. This option contains five online courses and can be completed in one year.
The HDS program prepares graduates to be successful in the ever-changing healthcare environment that is driven by data and analytics by preparing them to:
- Explores the vital roles of data, information, and information systems in the implementation and evaluation of healthcare and value-based care initiatives
- Provides a comprehensive overview of data science, the practice of obtaining, modeling and interpreting data
- Adopt data visualization techniques that contribute to effective presentations and dashboards
- Provides a foundation for population health beginning with a working definition, incorporating public health science and policy.