Designed to help meet the growing demand for professional Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC). The athletic training program is constructed to prepare highly motivated students with an interest in the medical field to sit for the N Board of Certification (BOC) examination upon graduation.
Learning Goals & Outcomes
- Participate as a part of a healthcare team by collaborating with colleagues through a complex medical system.
- Use physiological, anatomical and evidence-based knowledge in the clinical settings.
- Behave in a manner consistent with the code of conduct and standards of professional practice set forth by the Athletic Training governing bodies.
- Locate, evaluate and apply evidence-based resources to build knowledge and support athletic training practice.
- Demonstrate administrative duties affiliated with the athletic training profession.
- identify, describe and develop management plans for individuals with psychosocial disorders and/or mental health emergencies.
Curriculum: 2 Years, 65 Credits
|ATP 600||Emergency Care||4|
|ATP 602||Scientific Inquiry & Writing||1|
|ATP 605||Fundamentals of Athl Training||4|
|ATP 610||Basics of Rehabilitation||3|
|ATP 615||Functional Human Anatomy||3|
|ATP 620||Practicum I||2|
|ATP 625||Prev, Eval &Treat of Ath Inj I (Upper Extremity)||4|
|ATP 630||Therap Modlities for Ath Train||3|
|ATP 635||Human Phys: Exer, Nutri & Perf||3|
|ATP 645||Motor Contrl & Humn Move Train||3|
|ATP 640||Practicum II Athl Injuries I||3|
|ATP 691||Research-Collaborative Proj I||1|
|ATP 660||Specilty Practicm in Ath Train||2|
|ATP 661||Practicum III Ath Injuries I||3|
|ATP 665||Prev,Eval,Treat ofInj II-LowEx (Lower Extremity)||4|
|ATP 675||Strength and Conditioning||3|
|ATP 685||Org & Admin in Ath Training||2|
|ATP 690||Gen Med Conditions&Pharm in AT||3|
|ATP 662||Practicum IV||3|
|ATP 670||Prev,Eval,Treat of Inj-III-Spn (Spine and advanced techniques)||4|
|ATP 695||Psych Aspects of Injury& Rehab||3|
|ATP 696||Special Topics in Ath Training||2|
|ATP 692||Research-Collaborative Proj II||1|