The Cannabis Science certificate provides an in-depth view of the botany and chemistry of the cannabis plant, cannabinoids pharmacology and resultant effects, and how to identify and quantify the different chemical components and potential toxicants in cannabis.
- Discover many different ways of working in the cannabis industry
- Learn about the chemistry of the cannabis plant and how plant genetics change over time.
- Understand how cannabis was used in ancient societies over the ages.
- Utilize advanced analytical technologies to identify potential toxins in cannabis and to monitor the concentrations of cannabis constituents to improve the quality of cannabis-based products.
- Describe the mechanisms of action and functional roles of endogenous cannabinoids in humans.
- Understand how plant cannabinoids interact with the endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter system to produce both positive and negative effects.