The MS in Health Professions Education is a 30-credit, fully online, interprofessional master program designed to prepare leaders in health professions education, leveraging evidence-based approaches, educational best practices, and Jefferson’s technology-rich environment.
The innovative curriculum includes courses in the traditional core areas for health professions education programs and novel courses covering Education Law, Diversity, Simulation and Inter-professional Education.
- Incorporate understanding of pedagogical principles into health science teaching
- Design and implement curricula in various formats including for classroom, clinical and virtual teaching.
- Effectively integrate technology into education.
- Demonstrate understanding of approaches to student assessment and program evaluation.
- Apply evidence-based principles to inform education and teaching practices.
- Become an effective leader in graduate health professional/medical education.
- Apply inter-professional and collaborative teaching models.
- Employ simulation education for health professions.
Curriculum: 30 Credits, Two Years
|HPE 510||Adult Learn in the Health Prof||2|
|GC 752||Curriculum & Instructional Des||2|
|GC 753||Program Assessment & Eval||2|
|HPE 520||Sim for Health Prof Educ||3|
|HPS 620||Interprof Edu Collab Prac Hlth||3|
|GC 751||Instructional Tech & Learning||2|