The Integrative Nutrition Advanced Practice Certificate is unique in that it provides a foundation in nutritional science, as well as clinical and integrative applications of diets and specific nutrients. With an increasingly high-demand for nutrition education among physicians and many other health professionals, learners will be better equipped to address nutrition as a tool for improving overall health outcomes across a wide range of patients.
- Understand the complex role of nutrition in biochemistry, physiology, illness and health
- Describe the role of macro and micro nutrients in regard to nutritional status
- Explain the differences among common dietary approaches and discuss the evidence and/or lack of evidence supporting their use
- Define biomarkers of nutritional deficiencies and suboptimal nutritional states
- Construct and integrative nutritional plan for a wide range of patients. Understand the complex role of nutrition in biochemistry, physiology, illness and health.