Designed to provide students with the knowledge in cannabis medicine, science, business, and policies, required to enter the cannabis industry, support patients, add to existing research, and develop innovative cannabis business models.
The MS degree program encompasses three stackable graduate certificates in the following areas:
- Cannabis Medicine (clinical applications, physiological impacts, therapies, and health effects)
- Cannabis Science (botany, chemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology)
- Cannabis Business (regulations, management, operations, financial analysis, and business model innovation)
- Apply concepts of analytical chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, and pharmaceutics and drug development to assure safety and quality of cannabis products, and to develop and manufacture new cannabis strains.
- Explain mechanisms of action, functional roles, and absorption/distribution/ metabolism/ excretion of cannabinoids in humans.
- Apply clinical and basic sciences knowledge to identify appropriate cannabis therapies for specific medical conditions, determine proper administration and safe dosing, and identify physical, psychiatric, and psychological effects.
- Blend knowledge and skill sets from different disciplinary areas to develop effective business strategies.
- Apply knowledge of historical and current cultural and policy perspectives to Identify, analyze, and advocate for emerging issues related to the cannabis industry.
- Identify areas for future research related to science, health effects, therapeutic and/or business of medical cannabis, and design a grounded research study using the principles of research to address one specific issue.
Curriculum: 33 Credits
To earn the MS in Medical Cannabis Science and Business students must satisfy the following requirements:
|CMD Courses (Select Two)|
|CMD 503||Path Poten Respon to Cannabis||3|
|CMD 504||Convent & Cannab Therap of Dis||3|
|CMD 505||Hlth Implicat of Med Cannabis||3|
|CSC Courses (Select Two)|
|CSC 511||Botany and Chem of Cannabis||3|
|CSC 512||Forensic Analysis of Cannabis||3|
|CSC 513||Cannabinoid Pharmacology||3|
|CBU or iMBA Courses (Select Two)|
|CBU 501||Emerg Iss in Cannabis Industry||3|
|CBU 506||Ess/Cannabis Fin & Op Analysis||3|
|IMBA 604||Business Model Innovation||3|
|Select Any Three Courses (CMD, CSC, CBU, CCT or CSO)|